6.27.2012

What a great day

It was a scorcher today in Minnesota!  Hot and humid is not a good combination.  I believe it was in the 90s (F) with 71% humidity.  We're lucky to have central air!

This morning we biked to a park nearby.  Even at 10:00 am it was sticky hot.  Super mom saved the day and got the Burley changed from a jogger to a pull-behind for the bike.  Dripping sweat I braced cab with my feet and pulled with ultra super strength on the tire and POP it came off.  Whew!  The kids were a bit nervous that mom wouldn't be able to do it and then the ride would be cancelled.  Mom couldn't let that happen.  Putting the trailer piece on was much easier.  So got that ready, hop on the bike and the chain falls off.  Twice.  ARGH.  Needless to say, I got it fixed.  We had a good time riding bikes together.  I think that's the first time we all hopped on a bike and rode off. 

One of the kids' new friends spent the first part of the afternoon playing.  It is so much fun to have friends close to keep us busy.

Like a normal kid, Larson informs me when we get to the pool that he doesn't have his shoes.  He was embarrassed and said he was sorry so I really couldn't get angry.  We've all been there.  But OMG.  Seriously.  We have an agenda after lessons!  Took this time as an opportunity for some Love & Logic.  "Well honey, the pavement is really hot.  You're going to have to run to the door.  Watch for cars!"  He tries to pin it on me..."mom, you forgot to remind me."  Nope, not working.  My come-back...."sorry buddy, your shoes are your responsibility.  You know you need to put shoes on when we go somewhere.  Remember next time."  So yes, I got about 30 minutes behind running errands because we had to go back home and get the shoes, but he learned a lesson and I kept my head about me.  Yay mom!

So after Larson's lessons, I pick up a take-n-bake pizza at a place in Savage called Woodland Take-N-Bake Pizza Company.  Dare I say it's better than Papa Murphy's?  So many toppings! Yummy crust!  Anyway, we just sit down and the door bell rings.  The neighbor kids are inviting the kids to a pool party.  Yep, eat and hurry off, kids.  Ali's swim lessons are in 45 minutes.  Ali and Jeff soon take off and Larson stays out.  All the kids are pool hopping and running through various sprinklers.  They were out until 8:30 pm!  Good times. 

On to tomorrow.  Dare I take a run in the morning?  I've been a slacker the last few days and it should be nice and mugging tomorrow morning.  Well, my punishment for procrastinating.  Wish me luck!

No comments: