6.23.2012

I did it!!

Yes!  This morning I ran down and up that steep hill without stopping.  What a great feeling!  I have to admit, I had to give myself the "just do it" talk this morning.  I stretched a little longer and lingered around the house for a while.  I knew I had to get it done today.  I have to keep moving forward.

What's next?  I'm going to do it again (in a few days).  I always like to conquer something twice just to make sure it wasn't a fluke the first time.  Then I'll probably add a mile.

Thank you everyone for your positive thoughts and comments.

We have been in our house for two weeks now.  Everyone is adjusting.  The kids seemed to slip into the new routine with ease.  We discovered this morning that the sprinklers wake up Larson so we'll have to set those to start at a later time.  He's been getting up at 5:30 am and that's just not OK. 

Even Emily is good with her new digs.  According to all the information on the internet, we can start letting Emmy out a few minutes at a time so she can explore her outside world.

Yesterday we attended the Beach Party held at Prior Lake's Lakefront Park.  We're rookies so we didn't realize it's an actual beach party with swimming involved, so we'll have to bring swim suits next time.  They had super cheap lunch, face painting, hair coloring, and other crafts to keep the kids busy.  After Jeff got home from work, we went to Valleyfair for some rides and another picnic.  Apparently Ty LOVES picnics because both meals he chowed down.  It was cute. 

Today we are off to check out the parade route for Dan Patch parade in Savage.  Ali will be in the parade with the P.L.A.Y. Cheerleaders.  I have no idea where anything is located, so we're doing a little family road trip to find the drop off and pick up spots.  Also on the agenda, checking out Costco (thanks for the advice FB friends!) to see if we want to join.  Food is a little more spendy here than Hutch (of course) and a family of 5 eats way too much!  :-)  We need to start buying in bulk.

Happy Saturday my friends, and I'll keep you posted on my running success!

No comments: