6.20.2012

Gotta...conquer....that....hill

So intellectually we all know that it's harder to run up hill than on a flat surface.  So actually facing that situation really brings it home.

Just outside our development you can go left or right.  Both ways you start off down hill.  To the right, it's a more gradual decline and less than a mile.  I can run this route the whole way with some trouble, but I can run the whole thing. 

To the left is a steeper hill that goes a mile or more, depending on how far you run.  It's a continuous slope too.  I have not been able to run the whole 2 miles yet.  I say YET because I WILL eventually do it. 

The good news is that it's getting easier all the way around.  The flat part in our development, the declines and even the inclines are getting easier.  I know it sounds funny to say the declines are getting easier because, well duh, they should be.  But you still exert energy even though it's an easier run.

You know it's funny.  I could go a good 3-5 miles before and now I'm struggling to go 2!  Very frustrating, but I have to remind myself that running up hill for a mile or more is hard. 

No comments: