6.09.2012

Not without some bumps.

So I've had 5 hours of sleep.  As I sit here in my empty living room with no breakfast nor coffee, I reflect on yesterday.  We had a pretty good day yesterday.  We're disappointed that we didn't get more done, but we got the minimum completed.  Got the beds up!  Lots of boxes in the garage and kitchen.  Also managed to buy a new TV for the family room downstairs.  Since the cable is being installed this afternoon, we thought it appropriate to have all the right appliances.  The TV we were going to use is ancient and we weren't sure we would be able to hook it up!  The kids will be surprised!

At closing the builders told us we'd find things the need some extra work or need to be replaced.  YEP!  As I sit here (cross legged on the floor) we don't have hot water.  Not sure how the shower thing is going to go today.  Waiting to hear back from someone on who to call about that.  Also, the dryer will need to be replaced.  The display appears to be broken.  The dryer, we can live with for a while because it actually works.  Hot water is another story. 

Met many many neighbors.  We were happy to hear that there are about 27 kids on this block!  One family even has an 8 yr old, 6 yr old, and expecting any day.  Perfect match!  We'll have to try to find them today.  However, in this heat, I'm sure the very pregnant mom will be in the house today....I should bring something over for them.  Oh ya, we're busy unpacking and I have no idea which house they live in!  But that's just how I roll.

Today we will bring home load 2 and the kids.  Yikes!  Moving stuff in with the kids helping.  This will be interesting.

No comments: