7.26.2013

Sick kids and lost inches

It's been a while, but I'm back.  We've had some minor drama in the family and I finally have time to sit down and blog.

The little guy has some kind of cold virus and ear infection and is being treated for that.  He has become a super picky eater during this time so I don't know if he still has ear and throat pain or if he's just being silly.  I've also been back and forth with our insurance, the speech rehab facility and the school district on Ty's speech therapy.  Right now we are approved by the insurance for eight rehab sessions.  I just found out that the school could possibly help him, but they need to do an assessment sometime in August.  Today I will be contacting insurance and rehab facility to see if we can wait on those eight sessions until after the school's assessment.  Why?  Well the school's speech therapy would be free.  Speech therapy at the rehab facility will be pretty much 100% out of pocket expense.  Not a financial hit we want to take.  We will do it if we have to, but we want to check out all our options first.  It will be a busy day of making phone calls today.

My big guy had a pretty bad bike accident.  Took a good chunk of skin off his elbow, and also banged up his mouth.  Stitches in his lip and two broken teeth.  Of course he broke his two front permanent teeth. We visited the dentist earlier this week, but his lips were so swollen and tender, the dentist couldn't do anything.  We are going back in a few days to get at least a temporary fix on the teeth so Larson can eat normally and feel more confident.  It's been a long week.

Weigh in time!  Down another 2 pounds which makes 15 pounds in 6 weeks.  I only have 3 more pounds to go to make my original goal.  Once I get there I have to re-assess because I might want to go a few more.  This week I lost 5.75 inches (total of 42.5 inches)!  Which is huge because in the past few weeks I had only lost between 3 and 4 inches.  I was surprised to find I lost 1/2 inch around each arm because I've never lost in my arms before.  Also surprising was 2 inches around my waist!  In trying to evaluate what I did differently this week, the only thing I can think of was Body Pump class and an extra effort to work on an ab challenge I found on Facebook (below).

Tonight both kids have sleep overs.  We are doing a "child swap" with another family.  Our households will have the same number of kids, but different personalities.  It will be fun for everyone!  I know the kids are super excited!

Onward to fight the good battle of raising kids and trying to be the best mommy I can be.

No comments: