7.08.2013

I Hate Shopping for Swim Suits!

This may be a little TMI for some readers, so if you don't care to know about the issue I have with my body, feel free to skip this one.

My swim suit was become a bit stretched out and it was time to bit the bullet and get a new one.  I HATE shopping for clothes, let alone swim suits.  Here's why.  It's not because I don't like looking at myself in a swim suit.  Designers do not make tops for large chested women.  Certainly not "average" sized ladies with a naturally large chest who've had a few kids. Mostly a good bra will take care of this problem, but swim suits have no component of support what so ever.

So I can find the suits to fit but the tops need 1/2 to 1 more inch of material.  Seriously!  I'm buying a large or xlarge top......one would think they'd put some room in there for boobs!  It's an XL for goodness sakes!  Totally huge everywhere, but entirely too small on the top.

This becomes really funny when you're in the dressing room with your 7 yr old daughter.  She thought it was completely hilarious how I couldn't "just smoosh it in." We completely got the giggles after the third try.  I almost gave up and bought one that I could take in to a seamstress and have altered.  At the third store I actually found one that will work.  Whew!  A little more skin than I'd like, but not was much as my last suit, and I don't need to have it altered.  It's actually cute!

Every summer I swear I'm going to start a clothing design company for top heavy women.  LCL, Inc. (Large Chested Ladies).  There has to be a way to make clothes with just a little more room on top without making the whole garment as big as a tent.

Rant over.  Thanks for letting me vent.  Every year it's a frustrating experience I seem to have to endure, but thanks to my little lady for coming with and providing some comical relief.

No comments: