7.13.2013

SO TIRED

Got home from ladies' night last night and everything in the house seemed normal.  Ty was up, but I assumed he was waiting for me.  He's a momma's boy right now.

I put him to bed when I went to bed.  About 30 minutes later he's whimpering at our door and I put him back into bed and sit with him for a while.  Something seemed off.  I assume it's a bad dream and go back to bed.  Not 10 minutes later he was back at our door.  Jeff brought him back to bed and shortly after, it hit.  The sound of a little one puking.  UGH!  I jump out of bed and help Jeff clean up and get the little guy back to bed.  I grab a pillow and blanket and hit the floor next to Ty's bed so I can be closer for the next round.  He's restless.  We snuggle in the oversized chair in his room.  Just as I think he's sleeping, it hits again.  Puke down my arm and on the blanket.  Poor guy!  Jeff runs in and helps me clean up.  Ty can't seem to get comfortable in the chair so back into bed.  I find myself thinking of Grandma Harriet and try to channel comfort from her.  I ask for some help/strength from both God and whatever other maternal spirit would help me, and what happens.....more puke!  This time contained and easy to clean up myself.  Ty pretty much slept through the whole thing and fell sound asleep for the rest of the night.

Lightening strikes and the thunder rolls across the sky.

For the love of Pete!  Now the big kids will be up neither mom nor dad have slept yet.  Fortunately only Larson wakes up and he's big enough to make a bed on the couch and fall back to sleep.  Still a restless night.

We slept in somewhat (if you call lying there awake with your eyes closed sleeping) and Ty wakes up at 9:00!  Yay!  He got some sleep.  Now for the unfortunate part, there's no way he's napping since he woke up late and that means no rest for mom nor dad.  

Mom and dad have to take turns hitting the Y today because we can't bring Ty to Kid Stuff.  Mom takes the big kids first and gives dad some quiet time with Ty.  I didn't think a work out was going to work for me today, and if I hadn't skipped yesterday, I would have skipped today.  I grab an Isagenix shake for breakfast because I know, if anything, this will get me through it.  I also bring an energy drink just in case I need it mid-workout.  I climb up on the stair master and rev it up to my average speed for 30 minutes.  Plug in the ear buds and set the TV at the trusty DIY channel.  They are making over bathrooms today.  About 10 minutes into it I feel great!  I'm thinking I'll be able to crank it up no problem....who needs sleep?  So I take a peek at my heart rate to make sure my vitals are in check, and it's about the highest I've seen it so early in a work out.  Who needs sleep?  ME!  Talked myself off the ledge.  It's OK to work at a slower rate today.  Thank goodness I did!  By the end of the 30 minutes I was wiped!  I was one of those crazy people whispering to myself, "come on! you got this!"  Of course I felt much better when I notice the guy next to me having an even harder time and he's at a lesser pace.  HE needed a shake and an energy drink! Downed the energy drink...feeling better.....off to the weights.  You'll never guess what I did.  Yep, increased my weights by 5-10 pounds.  Woohoo!  Should have had the drink earlier!  Live and learn.

You know, I pretty much skipped out of there because after recovering from my little heart attack at the end of the stair work out I felt great!  Momma needs to keep herself healthy and strong if she's going to take care of other people too. 

No comments: