7.29.2012

Mommy and Daddy get a day off!

It's been well over a week since I've blogged.  I want to skip back to last week when Jeff and I had a child free day.  We got so much done!

We started the morning by sleeping in!  Not sure how that happened.  I'm usually up by 7 at the latest.  We finally opened our peepers at 9!  We were going to run, but that didn't happen.

We started the day by shopping at Ikea for ideas on redecorating our bedroom.  We want to paint the room grey with a blue/green accent wall.  We decided on white furniture and found a white headboard we can agree on.  I think we're going to paint our dressers, but buy a new headboard and maybe new night stands.  We found the perfect duvet cover.  Now for the duvet.  We visited Lowes and picked up some paint swatches.  I'm very eager to get started on our new project!  Probably later this fall. 


Of course the picture doesn't give the colors justice, but you get the idea.

Ali reminded me we have to paint her bed white too.  Yep, we will do the kids' room and their bathroom this fall/winter too. 

We had a nice quiet meal at bd Mongolian BBQ.  I wanted to try it, but didn't want to go with the kids the first time.  We needed to check it out to make sure the kids would like it there.  They have a good kids' menu, so I think we can chance it.

After a nice nap we hit the road on our bikes for a 7 mile workout.  It is so nice to exercise with a mate, isn't it?  I find it boring to run, walk or bike by myself, but with three monkies, it can't be helped.

Surprise!  We had some extra time before dinner.  Off to Valleyfair!  While slightly strange to go without the kids, it was fun to go without them.  We hit the "big kid" rides that we can't do when they're with.  Steel Venom, Power Tower, Wild Thing, etc.  We wanted to hit Extreme Swing, but the line was long and we wanted to head back. 

I can't say it enough, we had a FANTASTIC day.  We definitely need to do that more often! 




No comments: