8.10.2012

Tale of a mouse

I've been MIA for a while.  I've spent the last 7 days on vacation with my family.  My parents, kids, hubby, my sister, my brother, and my nieces.  It was a fun time.  Exhausting, but fun!

So, I'm pretty tired, but I wanted to at least share the story of our little cabin mouse.

We arrived on a Friday.  Sunday morning, my sister and wake up to a hot dog bun looking a little crumbled by the kitchen sink.  Huh!  Do some more research and find mouse poopies on the counter.  We intend to get a mouse trap, but forget.  Monday morning we wake up to more mouse mischief...and yet again we forget to buy some traps.  Tuesday brings more mouse messes and enough is enough!  We grab some wooden old fashion mouse traps.  It takes us a while to figure out how to set the traps; a couple of failed attempts and we're set to catch that trouble maker! 

Wednesday morning, the peanut butter is licked out of the traps...which were still set.  We also find our new friend has a sweet tooth and ate the chocolate out of some M&Ms and munched on a sucker.  Mouse-1, sisters-0.  Carefully set off the traps so we can re-bate.  This time we used taffy.  Sticky enough to make the mouse work for it, set off the trap, and get stuck.  We've got him this time for sure!

Middle of the night, I'm settling Ty back down to sleep and SNAP, SCRATCH, SCRATCH!  Yay!!  We got him!  His sweet tooth was his demise. 

Mouse trapping hint #1.  Use bate that is sticky and satisfies the mouses cravings. 

No comments: