7.06.2012

HOT HOT HOT

Oh my goodness.  It's really hot this week!  It's been in the high 90s (F) to 101 (F).  Icky, drippy, hot, bluck. 

I am very glad we have season passes to Valleyfair.  Our amusement park with a small water park.  The last two evenings we took the kids there.  The water park was absolutely perfect.  They added a wave pool which the kids LOVE.  Even Ty is giddy when he sees it.  He stands as far out as we let him and he laughs as the waves wash over him.  Jeff and I take a pounding as we try to sit next to him.  Notice "try" to sit next to him. It's hard to stay stable while holding him up even in the smaller waves.  The kids had fun and we cooled off.  It's a win-win.

You know how you move into a new area and you have to re-learn everything?  This morning, I brought the kids to the library and it's only open in the afternoons on Friday.  OK, so we plan to go back after Ty's nap.  I thought the sign said 1-8pm.  It was 1-5pm.  So try 2 today was a failure as well.  UGH!  I don't really know where to get haircuts, chiropractor, church, etc.  We're on "try it and see" mode.  It's a very teachable moment for the kids.  What to do when you don't know what you're doing.  Fake it until make it.  Shake it off when you fail and try again.  At least we can say, "we're new here, now we know."  Unfortunately that happened twice today...there was an incident at a gas pump too today.  Good times.  I'm fortunate to have a husband who can take the phone calls and talk me down from the frustration.

Hoping to get a run in tomorrow morning.  As I sit here typing, I'm watching the lightening light up the sky.  Hoping it cools off for tomorrow.  I'm aiming for a 4 mile run tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

No comments: