7.10.2012

Another run, another day, and a visit to the zoo

Weight is a little up and I'm not sure why.  My goal this week is to track my intake a little better.

Went for a run this morning but ended up walked the last part because my knee hurts.  I injured it a while back and I have to back off when it acts up.  It was still a good run because my goal was to go faster, which I did for 1 1/2 miles. I'm eager to get a bike helmet so I can add biking to my list of exercises. I should probably add kettlebells to the list.  I could fit that into the schedule in the evenings.  Oh ya, the kettlebells are at the old house still.  UGH. Well, add that to the list for next week.

Last night we went to Como Zoo.  We only had an hour before the park closed, but it was a great time to go!  No crowds and it was coolish outside.  We zoomed through the exhibits and the animals were up close and personal (except the bears...I think they were already in their dens for the night).  I had a monkey run at me, which was spooky.  It came out of no where on a branch and pounced the glass.  I screamed of course.  Totally wasn't expecting that.  He was a cute little fellow.  The lion was pacing in front of the glass so the kids got to be very close up.  Poor thing wanted to be outside.  Not sure why he wasn't, I'm thinking the lions were brought in for the night.  That's the closest we'll ever be to a lion! The gorillas were looking pretty sad in their inside enclosures, but when we went outside we found out why.  They're doing a huge renovation to the outdoor gorilla exhibit.  It will be a much better space for them.

Today is a "stay home day."  We're going to try to do stuff around the house today.  Lars and Ali like playing with their friends and they hate having their play time interrupted.  I don't blame them.  Nope, today we stick around the house.  Maybe I'll get some house work done too.  Make a couple of phone calls.  Yep, that sounds good today.



No comments: