7.12.2012

Mommy's evening off!

I got a few hours "off"!  Thanks to my friend for asking me to a movie.  So rejuvenating in such a little amount of time.

Jeff does a fantastic job with the kids. I had to giggle a little when I get home and the van door is open and the diaper bag is still inside.  It is a challenge to get the kids in and out of the van with all the paraphernalia that comes along.  I was a little concerned about opening the door to the house, but they were doing great. Everyone was having a bedtime snack, smiling, and talking.  I should have stayed away for a few hours longer!

I took Jeff's car tonight and I have to admit....I really miss driving a "normal car."  They're so fast!  You can zoom in and out of traffic so easily.  I love our Grand Caravan because it's perfect for our family; and really, I shouldn't be zooming in and out of traffic anyway, right?

I don't think your life ever goes back to "normal" after you have kids, but sometimes I like to image what it will be like to have "me" back.  The "me" that's not 24/7 on-call mom.  I know the mom part never goes away, but I also know that eventually you get to hang out with your friends and eat meals without incident again.  Maybe I need to petition harder for year-round school.  HMMMMMM.

No comments: