6.22.2013

Trying Something New! Isagenix

I'm I a bit of a fanatic when it comes to eating and exercising?  Yes!  I have to be.  To be me and live in this society in this day, I have to be.

I'm a bit of an obsessive compulsive over-eater (self-diagnosed).  I eat until I'm stuffed and still eat more.  It all starts after my noon meal.  I can't stop until I go to bed.  I walk to the pantry hundreds of times a day.....for no reason what-so-ever!  It's horrible!  It is horrible to be obsessive, and obsessive over food is a nightmare because you have to eat.  It's not something you can "quit cold turkey."  Yet amazingly I don't weigh 300+ pounds!  I don't because I have used systems to help me control myself and I exercise.

As you know, I've been exercising and doing different eating programs....counting calories and Weight Watchers.  I've also participated in LA Weight Loss.  All of which worked for me.  To a point. 

So I learned of Isagenix from a Facebook friend.  I'm not the "gimmicky" gal, and I tried to just eat a balanced diet and exercise.  Because to a point it works.  (For sure I'm not into the pill idea, because in the end, a pill didn't change your habit.)  After following my friend for some time I decided to check into it more and went on the website.  I really liked the idea of the nutrition the different solutions this company delivered.  I like how the focus is on nourishing the body appropriately, and the natural side effect is weight loss. I liked how they explained toxins and how detoxing your body is beneficial. Everyone also claimed to feel so much better.*  Huh.  Sounds just like every other program, right?  But I couldn't stop thinking about the nutrition.  I didn't really believe I was doing the best I could do, even on all those programs.  

After a quick discussion with Jeff, we decided to give it a try together.  He's in the fitness industry and wants to tone up a bit more.  We jumped in a little over a week ago.  I won't get into the details of the program other than it consists of shake days and cleanse days, but of course we still eat "real" food too.  It has fit into our lifestyles.  Let me say, that it has taught me how many times I mindlessly search for food and how many times I eat the miscellaneous drop of food off the kids' plates.  I am down 7 pounds and 15 inches in my first 7 days.  Dangerous?  No.  The first week of a program you tend to drop a lot of weight.  The inches are spread out over my body, so it's a little over 1 inch in each area measured.  How fantastic is that!?  Over an inch around the bust, waist, hips, and butt....each.  Yes, my clothes feel good and I don't think about what to wear.  It all fits.  I open the closet, and it all will look nice.

I'll definitely blog more as we go.  But if you have questions, contact me or check out the website.  Or contact me through the website at: http://jenihemingson.isagenix.com/us/en/home.dhtml.  I'm not an expert on this system yet, but I'm happy to help you navigate an answer any questions.  I really do feel good!



*Yesterday I had Jimmy Johns....we were in a bind.  I could definitely tell I had too much bread because I felt terrible.  Don't get me wrong, Jimmy Johns has fantastic tasting sandwiches, but I don't think I'll down a whole one again.  My body is already changing and is loving it.  It knows when it has something good going on.

No comments: