6.28.2013

Being Mommy in the Summer

Literally had a break down this morning.  Full-time mommy to three kids during summer break is rough.  I love doing things with the kids and for the kids.  I hate doing things for the kids and have them complain the entire time about this, that, and the other thing.  And the back talking!  Seriously??!!

I am not doing this for my health.  In fact, I'm in a short line for a heart attack if this continues.

Saving grace is a wonderful husband who tries to help out when he's home, and lets me go to bed WAY early when I needed it (last night).  THANKS HONEY!!

Maybe I'm coming into a really hormonal part of my week.  I don't know, but I've got to have a girls night soon.

I know all you parents out there know what I'm talking about.  There are days that I wish I worked.  I know that has its own set of issues, but this isn't easy either.

Days like today are rough.  Kids are being ornery, husband is working hard, house needs cleaning, laundry needs to be done, and the budget just doesn't quite come together.

Next week is a new week.  Hopefully things will come together.  The kids have been talked to, and a gentle reminder seems to be working so far.  Now for the laundry, and hopefully a mommy nap before everyone else emerges out of their rooms.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: