6.28.2013

2 Week Update

Two weeks I'm down a total of 9 pounds and 24.5 inches.  I can feel the difference in my clothes, and that feels GREAT!

I am a little disappointed in the 2 pound loss this week.  More so disappointed in myself in that I had a couple of cheat times.  At the time it didn't seem like much.  Just a good reminder that you're one bite away from loosing or gaining weight.  It's a thin line.

Also, I've never had good results when having to count calories.  (In this program, the "knife and fork meal" is a 400-600 "healthy low-glycemic meal.")  For some people it works out great....me, not so much.  I'm going to have to try something a little different this next week.  I think my saving grace for last week was a 2 day cleanse.  Without that, I don't think I would have lost anything.  In this journey of mine (probably about 4 years) I've figured out a few things about myself.  One of which is counting calories doesn't work for me - emphasized by this experience - and once I get the right food combinations figured out, I'll have better results.  

For anyone starting on their journey, I encourage you to allow yourself time to experiment and figure out what works for you.  There's a delicate balance between how much you eat, what your body does with that food, and how much you exercise.  It's not always as easy as calories in / calories out.  Every BODY reacts differently.  So experiment and allow yourself the time to learn what your body needs.

1 comment:

Jeni Hemingson said...

Update. Had a great lunch with the kiddos on the beach. Hoping to keep it up through the week to see the results. If it's good, keep moving forward. If it's bad, find something different and keep moving forward.