9.06.2013

Weigh in

This week's weigh in:  down one pound and two more inches.  That's a total of 20 pounds and 55 inches!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to say good bye to the scale.  As I keep replacing muscle with fat my weight is not decreasing as much.  Which isn't bad.  It's a good thing.  I think I will have to rely more on the tape measure and mirror to determine fat loss.

I also have come to the realization that I need to consume more calories.  In a time where we get bombarded with the message of "less calories" and "deprivation" it's hard to make that mental shift to "consume more." When I say consume more, I'm talking about quality food and protein.  Obviously not add more empty calories.  I've gone from occasional exerciser to athlete so I need to get in the mind set of one.  I'm burning too many calories and my body is holding on to the last little bit of fat I want to see GONE.  Eat more to loose more.  Ugh, that sounds so backwards and I need to wrap my head around that.  It's a total mind change and a total lifestyle change.

On to the kiddos!  The kids love school.  Cheer and football are well underway.  Ty has a new word in his vocabulary.  I'm happy to announce that he can consistently say "no"!  It may sound weird that I'm happy.  When my big kids learned "no" and used it repeatedly, I was so annoyed by their new skill.  However, given Ty's speech situation, I'll listen to him say any word with consistency and appropriately.  Now I feel bad for wishing the big kids didn't talk so much when they were little.  After having one the struggles to talk I now know how precious that little voice is.  The ability to communicate is huge!

This is one mother that has learned a new appreciation for her kids this week!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments: