8.15.2010

Love that fresh baby smell

We were on vacation last week and wouldn't you know.....can't think of anything to post from it. We had a great time. It was fun to see my brother and his family and my sister. The kids had a FANTASTIC time getting to know each other. My daughter instantly misses her cousin. The moment they drove away she was sad and HAD to draw a picture to mail to her new best friend.

This afternoon the baby was fussy. I couldn't get him to take a nap, but he wanted to sleep. I was starting to get a little irritated. Having a baby attached to your hip for hours on end is a little draining. I decided to get in the car and do some shopping in hopes that would get him to sleep. It did! Yay! Here's the kicker. On my way home, I could smell baby on my hands and I wanted to pick him up SO BADLY! Where did that come from? Here I was spending all afternoon wishing I could put him down and now I want to pick him up? UGH. Motherhood is strange.

No comments: