8.03.2010

Beat the Clock

Ever feel like your time while baby is napping is a lot like playing "beat the clock"? How much can I get done? When's he waking up? Quick! Let me get just one more thing done.

The big kids and I cleaned the playroom this morning. It was actually my son's idea. My brother, sister-in-law, and niece are visiting from Alaska. We told the kids they need to get that room cleaned so they can play with their cousin. Well, apparently this morning was when the mood hit. We got it mostly done. The garbage is full of broken toys, and we have a bag of unused toys that will go to "kids who don't have any toys." The whole time we were cleaning, we could hear the baby making stretching and wake up noises. I thought for sure we'd have to cut our cleaning spree short. I ran around until the sweat was dripping. This one can be thrown, this goes back in the kitchen, toss this one, put that one away, another book on the book shelf, "are you SURE you want to keep this?", etc. Whew!

Now he's going down for another nap. How much time do I have? Blog updated, check. Next up, get the clothes off the line and wash the dishes. Maybe turn on Scooby Doo (yay for the DVR!) and give the kids a Twin Pop so I can get some uninterrupted time. Wish me luck!

No comments: