7.30.2010

My daughter, the drama queen & fashion model

My daughter (Monkey 2) is a girl in every sense. Pink is her signature color, she dresses herself, she pouts, and she knows how to cry to get her way. The crying thing doesn't work, but she's testing it with all her power. It's almost a little cute when she goes into a fake cry, swears she'll never do [xyz] again, and runs to her room. She's 4! Sheesh!

As for the dressing thing, she has full say about what she wears (remember the crying....I pick my battles). For the most part she dresses appropriately according to the occasion. However, she may not always "match". In M2's world, matching is a relative term. The pants might be stripy and the shirt floral, but they both contain a shade of purple. Yep, I'm one of those moms who lets her kids run around in mismatched outfits in all sorts of crazy colors. You're only young once. Go for it while you can! A new monkey wrench in the works of getting dressed: the underpants are on backwards. On purpose! Well whatever. I can't imagine it feels comfortable, but it's her butt.

Girls!!

No comments: