7.26.2010

Glad I don't remember infancy

This morning my 6 week old was innocently lounging around waiting patiently for me when something horrible happened. He reached up, grabbed a chunk of his own hair and pulled. Of course he had no idea he was causing himself great pain. He clues me in that he's in trouble by a panicked cry. I run into the room, scoop him up, and pry his little fist open. Admittedly I laughed while assuring him he'd be OK. That was one of the funniest things I had ever seen!

I am grateful I don't remember being a baby. Think of how awful it must be. You can't talk, you have no control over your movements, you have no idea that you even have hands and feet....basically you're completely helpless. My big Monkies, for reasons unknown to me, one day started chanting "eat and sleep and poop all day" [giggle giggle]. Yep, that's the life of a baby.

That little episode pretty much got me through the day. I feel bad laughing at my baby's pain, but you have to admit, it was pretty darn funny.

No comments: