8.17.2012

Hit the Y one too many times

Joined the YMCA a while back to give my work out routine some variety.  AND to get a moment away from the monkeys without messing up the "family time" schedule. 

The kids LOVE the child care area, so that was a huge plus.  Ty has a little separation anxiety, and over time it seems to be getting better.  The staff is really good with helping him while I'm gone.  He puts on a good show for me as I turn around and walk out the door.  Usually the mom checking in behind us will find me and let me know he stopped crying as soon as I was up the stairs.  I love how the moms at the facility support each other!

I'm excited to have found a huge variety of equipment and classes that challenge me.  My favorite classes so far are group cycling and Bosu boot camp.  On my own, I like (what I call) speed hill walking and a few of the programs on the elliptical.  The elliptical that I like the most is Octane's run stride.  I can do sprinting and intervals without killing my back and knee.  I've been doing the 30:30, which is 30 second sprints, 30 second rest and every few minutes you get a 3 minute recovery.  That style of exercise is HUGE for weight loss.  Get your heart rate up and down throughout the work out. 

Anyway, I'd been working out 4 days straight!  This morning when I woke up and couldn't sit down on the toilet, I decided today is my rest day.  Ouch!  Tomorrow I'm going to try the 10K on the elliptical.  Maybe lift some weights too. 

I feel SO good these days!  I'm super excited I'm back at a gym and taking time for myself.  Even if I have to drag everyone out the door and leave one screaming at the child care area.  It's totally worth it to have a happy momma again!

No comments: