7.18.2011

Exercise and vacations

On such a hot day, the kids are doing as well as can be expected. The little guy is sleeping and the big kids are playing Chutes and Ladders. We're taking them to the pool later today. It's way to hot for me to take Ty to the pool this afternoon. In reality, I'd like to participate in the kettlebells class at the gym, but some family time is needed too. Jeff gave me a kettlebell for my birthday, so I could exercise at home later this evening.

Jeff and I ran a 5K relay for the first time on Saturday. Ya, it didn't go so great, but we did it. I'm not a fast runner. The experience leads me to question again if I even want to run. I've never really liked it, do I want to pursue it?

I've lost a little over 15 pounds since starting Biggest Looser (20 since starting my weightloss journey). I'm super excited about that! Instead of running distance, I've started running intervals. This seems to work out better for me, and I don't spend as much time on the treadmill. I spend 30 minutes running intervals and then 15 minutes doing something else like the bike or elliptical. Then of course a quick round on the weights. Tracking my food on Weight Watchers has been very beneficial. WW has worked better for me than counting calories.

Looking forward to seeing Jessica and Dave on our family vacation in August. I'm very excited that they agreed to rent a cabin with us. The kids are SO looking forward to seeing auntie.

We scheduled Jeff's birthday trip! I'm not going to tell you how old, but it's a big one...therefore an entire trip dedicated to the big day. We'll be staying at Mountian Villas in Duluth close to Spirit Mountain. We're going at the end of October, so we recognize that the weather will be hit-n-miss. In any weather event, we'll have a blast!

Lots of fun things to think about.

No comments: