4.18.2011

Not what I planned, but good anyway...

OK, so today didn't go like I had thought. The little monkey has goop in his eyes when I get back from lab. All afternoon Ty didn't want to nap. I hope he doesn't have an ear infection. He's been fighting a cold and teething.

We have a busy night. Larson has soccer and I have a Couponing class; both at 6:30. We have it all planned. I'll go to the class and Jeff will take the kids to soccer. I take advantage of the tax deal at Papa Murphys and pick up a $5 pizza for dinner. As the world of a mother turns, Ty needs to go to bed early and it wouldn't be right for us to take him to soccer. So, I'm missing Coupon class. I'm SO bummed! (For more information about Couponing class go to www.tidytightwads.com. Another good source for frugalness is www.confessionsofamom.com. Follow their blogs or catch them on FB.)

The good news: I'm sitting at home alone for about a hour while Ty is sleeping and Jeff and the kids are in town. Another set of good news, there's a "Stretching the Family Dollar" webcast on www.247moms.com tomorrow night. I can still get something out of this week. Yay!!

Despite Ty's little cold, we managed to get some fun stuff done today. Ali had a friend over for a few hours after preschool. Ironically, I find it easier to have one more child in the house because it keeps everyone entertained. Instead of hearing the whiney "mom, mom, mom", there's giggling, running, and playing. The girls and I made cookies while we waited for Larson to come home. The kids sat nice while we had pizza for dinner. They chatted and giggled the whole time. Everyone had a great time.

Another positive, we picked an exchange student to stay with us for 5 months this fall! I'm very excited that the process is almost over. The student and his family should be receiving our family profile to (hopefully) accept us. I'll post more info as I know more. Our whole family is super excited!

No comments: